Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
He is saying its the original block, but he built it to L79 specs with the exception of the solid lifters.

I dont think he is trying to fool anyone because he dosent even have L79 in the title.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yea all he does is say its a SS... not a L79... He said its a numbers matching engine, but the engine has been given the L79 upgrade? Only thing i dont get about that is if L79's had hydraulic lifters, why didnt he put hydraulic lifters in?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
He is saying its the original block, but he built it to L79 specs with the exception of the solid lifters.

I dont think he is trying to fool anyone because he dosent even have L79 in the title.
Yep that's what he did, he seems to be up front with it too!

An SS with the engine built to L79 specs with a solid lifter cam.

·
Registered
309 Posts
he's just trying to bump up his sell price thats why it says SS not L79 clone because a clone could be made from any body style and an SS is worth more to most than a clone, as far as I am concerned a clone is just that nothing special about any of them, not to say they can't be good looking cars just that in my opinion the value doesn't go up because someone re-created something they didn't have, also I feel if you build a clone it is for your enjoyment and you should keep it, because he has an SS that isn't original and an L79 that isn't real neither of which is worth any more than a standard rust free body should be

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...I'm having more of these "senior moments" as I just "celebrated" another birthday this week:(

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Thanks guys...I'm having more of these "senior moments" as I just "celebrated" another birthday this week:(
Oh no, another 69 L78 owner getting old like me!!:eek::D

·
13,723 Posts
Just another case of a seller not being able to clearly state what he has. He even concludes his engine description by calling it an 'L79 engine.' What he should have said was it's a 'matching numbers 1966 Nova SS with the 327CID engine built as an L79. This looks like a really nice car and probably would do even better on price with a clearer description.

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
It is definitely a deceptive ad. He is advertising it as having an "original numbers matching L-79 engine, transmission, and rear". Numbers matching implies that it is the original L-79 engine and drive train that it came with from the factory. Intentionally misleading and dishonest ad.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
he's just trying to bump up his sell price thats why it says SS not L79 clone because a clone could be made from any body style and an SS is worth more to most than a clone, as far as I am concerned a clone is just that nothing special about any of them, not to say they can't be good looking cars just that in my opinion the value doesn't go up because someone re-created something they didn't have, also I feel if you build a clone it is for your enjoyment and you should keep it, because he has an SS that isn't original and an L79 that isn't real neither of which is worth any more than a standard rust free body should be
Put a Hemi in any Mopar and you'll get huge $$$$$$$$$$ If you do it right, the money will be there!! My L79 2dr post Cloner went for huge bucks and I lost nothing in doing it right!!

Cheers Ric

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
Put a Hemi in any Mopar and you'll get huge $$$$$$$$$$ If you do it right, the money will be there!! My L79 2dr post Cloner went for huge bucks and I lost nothing in doing it right!!

Cheers Ric
Yeah and you didn't try to deceive anyone either. You let the car stand for what it was, a well-executed restoration with a period-correct theme to it.;)

·
13,723 Posts
Yeah and you didn't try to deceive anyone either. You let the car stand for what it was, a well-executed restoration with a period-correct theme to it.;)
I'll never forget the car shows I did with Bogie and the cloner. His personalized plate was 'Bogus,' but people still asked 'is it a real L79?' Ric never ever insinuated that the car was real. Good on 'em.

Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts