Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what my option line codes mean, line 4. All I have is a 2H. I see on novaresource.org, Scott says a H is heater delete. Mine had a heater, seems to be about the only thing it did have. Any Idea. Tag below,

Line 1 12A D
Line 2 66-11411 WRN 6398 BODY
Line 3 752- C-C PAINT
Line 4 2H

So, built 1st week December, red sheet metal (white paint?), 66 year, Chevy 100 series V8, 2 door sedan, willow run, car #6398 (but they start at 100001?), red standard interior with Ermine White paint, 2H (no idea)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it says 2H info isn't available yet...
Yup, thats my main point Johnny, 2H doesn't appear to show much anywhere, google or whatever. I know I have 100 series "plain jane" car. Only option I can see it having is a heater, if that was an option. I forgot it was an V8 car since it was a stick on the tree.

·
13,685 Posts
Duane, a heater was standard equipment in 1966, not an option. To delete the heater was the option (RPO C48) and it showed as 2H on the cowl tag. I think your car was a factory heater delete and the heater that's in there now was put in sometime over the past 46 years. JMO.

Bob

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob, if the heater was deleted as an option would there still be holes for the heater water lines and would there also be a heater/fan box? I would assume there would still be a fan maybe, at least for windshield defrost?

·
13,685 Posts
Bob, if the heater was deleted as an option would there still be holes for the heater water lines and would there also be a heater/fan box? I would assume there would still be a fan maybe, at least for windshield defrost?
If you ordered the heater delete option you had no heater, no defog/defrost, no fan. There was a cover plate where the heater/cooling controls were normally located on the dash and cover plates for the firewall holes.

Bob

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Upper right hand corner ..... This is what came with the car I have ....

·
13,685 Posts
Wow, that's some lucky collector in Florida that now owns this beautiful '67 wagon. It shows the heater delete very well, including the 2H on the cowl tag and the block off plate on the firewall. It mentions the car also didn't have a cigarette lighter. This wasn't a delete. Chevy II 100 Series didn't come with a lighter. Owners wanting a lighter could have one installed by the dealer.

Bob

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks for more info and link, beautiful car. My 66 looks like the heater war full on stock, or someone did a hell of a job installing it, also I do have a cigerette lighter. BUt I didn't have a radio and have the delete plate.

The 67 posted dosen't show a code for the pushbutton radio, maybe dealer installed?

Also, the 67 wagon has a dashpad, my 66 100 series didn't have one and dosen't appear to ever had one, no holes or what ever for clips and screws.

·
13,685 Posts
My 66 looks like the heater war full on stock, or someone did a hell of a job installing it, also I do have a cigerette lighter. BUt I didn't have a radio and have the delete plate. The 67 posted dosen't show a code for the pushbutton radio, maybe dealer installed? Also, the 67 wagon has a dashpad, my 66 100 series didn't have one and dosen't appear to ever had one, no holes or what ever for clips and screws.
It's quite possible your heater was professionally installed by a GM dealer. They installed complete a/c systems, so to put in a heater wouldn't have been a big deal.

As for radios, it wasn't uncommon for these to be dealer installed, as well. To get a sale, some dealers would discount accessories they could install, so the buyer could save a little money by not having them factory ordered.

Dashpads became standard equipment in all Chevy IIs during the 1966 production year. If you had an early build, it may not have had a padded dash.

Bob

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dashpads became standard equipment in all Chevy IIs during the 1966 production year. If you had an early build, it may not have had a padded dash.

Bob
That makes sense Bob, mine shows a build of first week of December, assume year of 65 with a run number of 6398 so could be early enough not to get a dashpad. Thanks for the info, now that I did some research on paint and trim, she might just get repainted the Ermine White and do the red interior.

Duane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts