Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I know I am likely wrong but to me, in the only picture that really shows them, it looks like the headlight bezels are off of a '68 as I cannot see the headlight adjuster screw access cutouts (like all bezels from '69 and up should have):confused:

also in their description they say the car has 12000 miles on it yet the picture of the dash clearly shows 23K+ on it...which is it?:confused:

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Bob,
Around and around she goes, I have a copy of that car's documentation in my hand. This Nova is the same one that Frank V. and I looked at down on "0" Avenue. Scarey car! It is amazing how good it looks in the pictures but as I said before, nothing that $40 thou wouldn't fix. We discussed this car a few months back the last time it was on Ebay. Supposedly it was located in Blaine. A Canadian guy from the Super Car Registry site bought it.
John.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Cdn. L78...

Looks like a reasoably solid old car, but definately no virgin. Just some notes from my inspection of photos:

"A" code on cowl tag woud indicate "no" exterior trim, which is confirmed by the buildsheet..someone added the b/s molding and brite window trim

door panels are probably repop, since the Nova emblem is missing

69 SS emblem on wheel

engine bay has a few things like: hi-rise intake, no smog or TCS, 69 T clips on rad flap instead of corect 70 buttons

since the rad flap has been off, you will want to check for any front end repairs..very common with these cars, trust me I know

overall looks to be complete..my list is not a critique just some helpful info for anyone looking at the car

a personal inspection is a must..start from front to back and look it over carefully...take inventory of what is missing in high dollar parts eg: intake, carb, dist, alt, date coded w/pump, 5 blade, radiator, smog setup, etc. these items aren't cheap and need to be factored into any resto plans.

hope this helps those who are considering the car. also talk to JB he saw it in person.

wilma:shh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts