Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some ideas and feedback on a drag race only front clip for my 64 Nova. I've done alot of searching on this sight and many of the threads are a few years old or street/pro-touring geared. I'm up in the air on the rear suspension, but either way I'm looking for a front clip that offers at least 4" of travel. There's a bunch out there, some coilover some coil spring some strut ............ I'd like to hear from anyone who has used either design.

I'm obviously on a budget of sorts, but dont want to buy cheap crap either. The further I dig, the more expensive it's getting LOL .......

I've looked into the AJE strut set-up, TCI straightline a-arm set-up and the Chris Alston a-arm set-up and they all seem to have their pro's and cons.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used either design, I'm leaning towards a TCI clip with a-arms and coil springs as their having a November sale for $2771 w/ free shipping.

All ideas and opinions welcome !!!!!

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
For weight transfer more suspension travel is good. The early Novas were blessed with a lot of suspension travel from the factory. Problem was the suspension geometry was all over the place throughout the range of travel.

I'm not sure which front clip TCI has on special. Most MustangII front clip have shorter travel in comparison to the stock Nova suspension. While the handling is significantly improved, it does limit the weight transfer.

The CBR suspension has a long range of travel with improved geometry/handling. There are some other manufacturers who make front clips specifically for drag racing that also offer improved geometry/handling while maintaining suspension travel & weight transfer, Chassiworks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, that Church boys. stuff is definately cool but I'm kinda set on losing the stock front clip. This thing has been a race car all it's life and has more holes drilled in it than I care to weld up LOL , Plus .......... I'm probably gonna go with a big block and an aftermarket clip really cleans that up.

Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been looking at front suspension upgrades that are not MII. I've read good things about Smith Racecraft for a drag race clip. For a stock clip every one says CBR is the way to go. I cannot decide either. Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get a smith racecraft one and never look back. Im a dealer if you get serious about this particular setup let me know i will price it for ya. Thanks Mickey

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get a smith racecraft one and never look back. Im a dealer if you get serious about this particular setup let me know i will price it for ya. Thanks Mickey

Hey Mickey, a price would be great. I am serious and will be ready to make a move in a few weeks. I looked on their website and got a bit of sticker shock LOL. I'm looking for double adjustable struts, manual rack and would prefer to stay away from Willwood brakes. I need no other options.

You can PM me the pricing.

Thanks a bunch !!!!

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts