Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after going through a couple sets of frame mounts, I finally found a set that will work with my motor mounts. Part # 3945507 (left) and 3945508 (right). Now I'm having issues with bolting them on the subframe. I have 2 sets of small block frame mounts that fit this way; The problem is that when the correct mount is placed on the correct side of the subframe, the frame mount hangs off the back of the sub frame about 1 1/2-2". If I put the left-side frame mount on the right-side of the subframe, it looks like I would think it should look (all of the mount is on subframe), but will push the engine about 3" farther forward. (whoah...I just confused myself...I don't have a website to upload images to, if you would like pic's to make this less confusing let me know). Has anyone run into this? The mounting holes for the frame mounts are about 7/8" from the back of the subframe, and it doesn't appear that new holes have been drilled at any point in time, I can't find any evidence of old holes being closed up. Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Darrell

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Install them correctly, and the mount will hang a little bit off the back of the frame. You had them right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, thanks...it just seemed odd that it hangs off the subframe, but as long as that's correct I'll go with it.

Thanks again,
Darrell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts