2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
strtlegal said:
very cool...i beat you cant wait to drive it all over town

I've put about a tank of gas through it so far, which is a few trips into town and back @ 3200rpm on the highway which is slow enough to make people pass me ;). Most would have a hard time keeping up in between stop lights though :). I was going to pull the trans for an auto ( and a 3.08 rear ) as the clutch knee is fubar but the 4 speed and steep gears are just too much fun!

Thanks all for the kind words :beer: .

·
Registered
941 Posts
Looks great!! 2slow72??? Is that a misnomer? Very nice '73. :chev:

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PowerMax said:
Looks great!! 2slow72??? Is that a misnomer? Very nice '73. :chev:

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I bought this one from a guy down the road, he was neglecting it for years so had to do something about it. I made him an offer and he took it!...made me think I could have gotten it cheaper but I think in the end we were both happy. I actually started on this forum with a plane jane 307/350 2 door 72, it's waiting as I continue to stockpile parts, as well as change direction three or four times :rolleyes:. It will be a more strip oriented car...I think. :).

·
Registered
941 Posts
2slow72 said:
Thanks Jeff, I bought this one from a guy down the road, he was neglecting it for years so had to do something about it. I made him an offer and he took it!...made me think I could have gotten it cheaper but I think in the end we were both happy. I actually started on this forum with a plane jane 307/350 2 door 72, it's waiting as I continue to stockpile parts, as well as change direction three or four times :rolleyes:. It will be a more strip oriented car...I think. :).
Ahh, if one Nova is good ... more Nova's has got to be better! I can attest to that. I know exactly what you are talking about with a low geared / M21 combo. I went from a 3.08 geared/turbo 350 auto to a 3.90 geared/M21 4 gear. What a blast to drive on the street! I should have made that change years ago.

Have fun ... you've got a sweet ride there.

Jeff

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good looking car!! I forgot about those Crager Quick Trick Wheels. They were the wheel in the day. Nice to have something different. I too have a Muncie 4spd with a 4.88 geared 12 bolt posi. What a blast around town and the back roads. I know what you mean about the highway though. Mine revs over 3k rpms at 60mph. I have thought about dropping to a 3.73 gear to gain some driveability and cruising. BUT I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!(Ha Ha Ha!!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts