Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has been beat to death over and over,is there a company other than CPP that has a front ZERO OFFSET disk kit for first gen that doesnt use s/10 type calipers and 10.8 rotors,i have ran the 11 inch 68/7 ? gm style rotor and single piston caliper, but it pushed the wheels out and rubbed the lower front fender,plus it looked like dog doo with the wheels pushed out like that.ANYONE got this little problem figured out,to have atleast a 11 rotor and ZERO OFFSET i have the front wheels/tires so new rims are not happening
the never ending brake saga for first/second gen cars/wagons:sleep:
don

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don, I used the kit from mgchevyparts on ebay, i don't think they pushed them out any but my 14" cragar ss wheels rubbed i really don't think the wheels are true though might look into them it's the 67-7? single piston caliper i don't think they look like dodoobut i have drilled and slotted rotors

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
The toughest part is a zero offset that works with 15 inch wheels.It looks like a custom made chevelle style rotor could be made to bring the wheels inboard.Any body have any ideas on who to contact to look into this?Who manufactures brake rotors in the US?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
like i said the kit i had on the car was from jim dyer in stockton.that kit stopped the car really good, but the rotors pushed the wheels out,most people more than likely didnt notice the wheels pushed out,and other nova guys said to use a bigger backspaced wheel.i will be running the cpp upper/lower arms. i need to get a front disk kit,BUT DONT WANT THE WHEELS PUSHED OUT, i seen the ABS brake kit online that stated the wheels dont get pushed out,anyone running that kit on first/second gen?
at this point its becomeing a big deal to get this front brake saga to a end.
might have to go with a custom WILWOOD kit made up by hot rods usa $$$$$$$ so i dont have to run S10 parts on my car,its always something on these cars that are next to impossible to solve.:rolleyes: dont ask me about headers for a first/second gen:mad: thats a horror story in itself$$$$$$:mad:
don
ps brian i like the beating a dead horse
tompson look at the car from the front and you will see the front wheel mounting surface compared to the back mounting surface,the fronts will be way WIDER track wise than the back second gen cars have more room for the wheels pushed out,first gen cars is a death sentence with the wheels pushed out,plus it looks bad:yes:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I just bought the zero offset brakes from hot rods USA. Just got the UPS email giving me the tracking number. Yeah, they on the truck. Supposed to be here the 26th. Oh, and they are 13"x 1.10" disks, got room?? Ill be posting some picks and comments after I get it all worked out.

Im doing an entire revamp of the front. I have a mustang II suspension now. Installing air ride. I rebuilt the lower control arms already, they are stout now and trimmed down of all the excess spring pocket metal. Im making some solid bushings in place of the rubber. Tossed around the idea of poly but changed my mind. The bushings I am making will allow me to make some delrin bushings if the solid 4140 bushings arent what I want. The swap over will be simple with the design.

Im looking at putting some SPC adjustable upper control arms in. Im just gonna buy the parts and fab up my own system. Ditching the sliding horizontal mounts for the cross shaft for a vertical mount.

Its all fun. Should be a nice front when Im done..

Ok!!!! My bust.. Sorry for straying off track. I tend to jabber too much..

Call Dean at HR USA for some ideas. Hes a busy dude but willing to talk. JR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts