Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
14,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
It looks very nice. Really love that color. Looks to be a high caliber restoration.

A 340HP 327 was a solid lifter, single four barrel option in '63 Corvettes. Of course, putting decals on the valve covers is easy..;)

·
Super Moderator
4,100 Posts
Very attractive car, very attractive color, and very tastefully done. Step right in and still have a pretty era-correct convert with a popular v-8 conversion from back in the day. That's a lot of good choices there, and definitely wasn't cheap to restore. That should command a LOT of money, in my book. With the 327 I like the brake upgrades and the way the 4-speed was made to blend with the black interior.

Super nice car. If it runs as good as it looks, that's a great choice. Want to see what the final bids are, right here in convertible season.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Wow, whats not like about that car, its got my vote, I am a huge fan of 63 SS conv, they dont command high dollar tho, were did 4 speed plate on console come from?

·
14,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've asked the seller for the info from the ACC line of the cowl tag. No response so far. If this isn't a real SS, I just want to give credit for an incredible job of cloning:D.

B.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My vote is "tribute" car and nicely done as I have a ACC: 6-Z car to compare too. I bought a Model A from this outfit a few weeks ago. Overall, I'm satisfied. 90% of the advertising on that vehicle was correct as advertised; slighted their way for advertising purposes of course.

·
14,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not so sure it's going to fetch the 69,900 on his website! also it was born as a 6 cyl!
All '63s were born as six cylinders, even the SS. I thought the bidding on this car would take off faster than it has. Just $16,000 with 2 days to go. $70K is somebody's dream.

I haven't had an answer to my cowl tag question from the sellers. If it's an SS clone, it's very well done. Anybody remember the red '62 from years ago cloned into a '63 SS? Unbelievable transformation right down to the hood hinges. Only the VIN and the cowl tag gave it away.

Bob

·
14,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Auction over. Got to $22,700. A long way from the $70K price they have on their website. I believe there's a back story to this car that we don't know about.

B.

·
14,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you mean about there being a back story Bob? It’s a nice car but $70k is a very ambitious goal..
I don't know what the back story might be, but it's a heck of a gap when a car is consigned for $70K, but only generates bids to $22,700. Lesser '63 SS convertibles have gone for thousands more than that. It could be that the 70K website price just caused potential buyers to believe there was no hope of getting it at a reasonable price, so they didn't bid. The buyer pool for a '63 Chevy II that is listed at 70K is probably pretty small, too, getting into L79, Camaro and Chevelle territory.

The color may also have turned some people off. Probably more appeal in basic red, blue, black or the original white. It's also a 14 year old restoration, but sure doesn't look like it was driven much. I also don't understand the ACC line of the cowl tag not being decoded when everything else was. I still think there's a good chance it isn't a real SS. I never got an answer to my request for the ACC info. I just have a nagging feeling there's something about this car that isn't out in the open. Could be dead wrong....again:).

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts