Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it up to Anoka at last, wasn't quite what I expected. I'd been told that the parking was down by the river, not the case? Drove my yellow 67 Chevelle 300, don't trust the II to go that far yet, saw some nice Novas, 1 real nice white 1st gen with a roll bar, wanted to park and go back and look but no place to park. Will try again maybe with the II, if I can work out a few more bugs.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
The show moved from the river to down town this year. Last saturday night had 850 cars. Only enough spots for 800. Looks like you need to be there before 6 pm for a spot. Earl

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Maybe if I ever get the Nova back together we can go up together, I always carry a tow strap! Not sure which one would need it.
Tg

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I stopped by last saturday at about 6pm and they were just filling up the bank parking lot and then it would have been full. I liked how it was last year alot better, but it looks like there is construction down there right now. I am still happy, but it does not seem quite as organized, harder to go through and see all the cars. I am shooting for a month before I can bring my little nogo to the show.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn't make it last night, but have been there every other week, and have had no trouble getting a spot in the large parking lot. The river was nice, but like Bill said they've got construction going on down there now. The week I saw Earl there were over 1000 cars in attendance, and they'd opened up Jackson Street and the parking lots there too. I've seen a couple of nice Novas that I haven't met the owners to yet. Look forward to seeing nogo there soon!

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Anoka

I'll try to make it one of these weekends. It's been a struggle this year with deciding NOT to do too much to the car. Mechanically I'm pretty happy with things, but cosmetically, it's somtimes embarassing to have others look at my car.. but oh well. It's a work in progress right???

If any of you see me out there, say hey! I'll be the one driving this (minus the trailer of course):

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
The Anoka show may never return to the river. I spoke to a city councilman last night and was told that the river area may be tied up for a couple of years. If you do go, and happen to go to a restaurant or other area business, be sure to speak to management and tell them you are there for the car show. Or, if you visit downtown at another time remind the business owners that you spotted their establishment while attending the show. This will help keep the car show going by building a positive relationship with the business owners. We'll need their help to keep the show coming back to Anoka.

Also, please refrain from burnouts. I know most of us are mature, but there are always a couple of guys that feel the need to showoff. Burnouts upset the locals...I know, I've been in Anoka law enforcement for 23 years, and I hear the complaints. The Anoka officers appreciate seeing the cars.

I've been a member of MSRA for about 5 years, I have my '63 convert, and also a '55 Belair...I want the show to last. Thanks for listening, Edward.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Just as a heads up... Prior Lake city council approved starting up a car show every saturday night. I got a call this week, it is in the planning stages but should start possibly next week.
Tg

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Tom,
Please be sure and post the Prior Lake night when approved. It'll be nice to have an alternative to North St. Paul, and Anoka.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Dito. I'd actually like to start comming to some of these... even if my car is still 'under construction'.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, please post it. I live in New Prague and I would LOVE to have somewhere closer to cruise to other than Porkys. I've hated that hour and 15 minute drive to St. Paul and have to deal with the idiots on University Ave. I should have my car done by the middle of August.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts