Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body have pictures of the Hooker 2243 headers with angle plug heads?The catalog says they fit but there seems to be different angles available from different manufactures.The reason I am asking is I am thinking of detuning my car to make it more street friendly and would need to change heads to reduce compresion.Angle plugs would also help move the wires away from the header tubes.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I run the same set up as patman. The only thing is you have to have one of the shorter plug sockets and use a wrench on the socket on some of the plugs.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problems with plug boots burning? I do not mind hard to reach plugs but I am tired of burning the boots right at the plub.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they make a 3/4 reach gasketed plug?I am considering detuning my car and if I have to buy heads to lower the compression I my switch to angle plug heads.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have been running the same plug wires for several years now and have never burned a boot or wire. I don't use the header plugs.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I just got a set of 2243 the other day and they fit perfect. I have angle plugs and I had no issues getting the plugs in or running the wires. I now have two other brand new sets of headers in my garage because the first set of Flowtech's didnt work with the angle plugs, the second set of Ceramic Dougs ran straight into my steering for my rack and now the super comps fit perfect. Wish I bought them to begin with. Anyone need a set of headers? :turn:

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Same issue here, but mine are worse that Brians, I have the revised revised straight plug head and had to heavily modify tubes 3+5 I hope this solves my problem. I'll sell this car before I put anymore money into it.:devil::devil::eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts