Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how much truth there is to this but I've been told before that you can run certain types of straight plug headers on angle plug heads. A good example is the ZZ4 with Summit straight plug headers. I though the plugs would hit the exhaust runners but have heard this to work well.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
My DART Pro1 Aluminum heads have angle plugs and I use a set of ole Hookers with no problem. The angle is away from the tubes.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yea guess it depends on the header manufacturer. It tells ya in the catalog if they work with angle plug heads or not. Do you know who makes the header?

·
Registered
508 Posts
it depends on the header. i have used angle plug heads on straight plug headers. some with out any problems and some with a minor dent being put in a tube to help clear the plug wire boot.

·
Super Moderator
9,796 Posts
It also depends on the heads. Different heads (GM, various aftermarket) have slightly different placement and angle. Headers are all different...some work, some won't. Back when I had 492's on my Firebird, a couple of taps with the 5lb wrench adapted the headers to fit. Not the greatest solution, but...got the job done.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
the summit headers did not work with my Edelbrock Victor Jr. angle plug heads.. but my exhaust ports are raised .300....

the Summit headers I doubt with work with angle plug heads........

Best to call.... but I bet they NO WORKIE:no:

·
Registered
508 Posts
a couple pics. this is a sbc with GM 492 angle plug heads and a set of hedman elite headers that are for straight plugs. all of the tubes clear with no problem except the #3 and #2 holes. but it didnt take much to get it to work. this is on the 62 HT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts