Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
1977 Buick Skylark
Discussion Starter #1
77 Buick Skylark hatchback, I bought it from a good friend's nephew who was going to crush it馃あ!!! Makes me sick. This car is pretty solid it was a southern california car before coming to Oklahoma thank goodness. I kind of bought without fully inspecting it knowing it is a running engine but a rusted out trans cooler line caused the young man to burn it up. No biggie I have a fresh built thm350 in the corner of the garage. After unloading it in my driveway I noticed the chassis was way out of line. Also knowing it's never been wrecked (family owned from the beginning) I assumed body mounts were shot. Got all the bushings in go to start swapping trans and bushing only to discover it has no passenger side front floor left. Good ole GM heater cores right. And so it begins floorpan replacement and since I'm there we're going to go ahead and do weld in frame
IMG_20210207_094906_01.jpg
connectors.

Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
Nice project! well the hole in the floor makes easy access to the tranny mount bolts...
you may discover more metal to replace: the toe board and the channnel behind it, that starts at the chasis mount.
big gauge wire, I imagine someone had amp/ subwoofer in the back at one time.

Registered
1977 Buick Skylark
Discussion Starter #3
Nice project! well the hole in the floor makes easy access to the tranny mount bolts...
you may discover more metal to replace: the toe board and the channnel behind it, that starts at the chasis mount.
big gauge wire, I imagine someone had amp/ subwoofer in the back at one time.
The amp was in the car along with the rest of the system. Floorpan is out toeboard is solid where the factory spot welds were, support brackets for the body mount are good. If the Oklahoma weather holds off today it's bead blasting and new pan install. I'll post more pictures today and or this coming week.

Registered
Nice lookin project.. The 4th gen X-body has the best factory front suspension setup. It鈥檚 basically the same as the 70-81 F-body. Subframe is a little bit different though..

Registered
Believe the center link is shorter. Otherwise, the entire front suspension/chassis uses "Corporate" front suspension. 70-81 F, 73-77 A, 77/78-90 B, and 75-79 X all used pretty much the same parts.

Registered
i am loving that car! the two-tone paint is great, and those wheels--though you'll probably change them, actually look good on the car. never saw them look decent on any other car, so that is a find for me.

does this generation have 3 point belts?

-Rusty

Registered
1977 Buick Skylark
Discussion Starter #7
The amp was in the car along with the rest of the system. Floorpan is out toeboard is solid where the factory spot welds were, support brackets for the body mount are good. If the Oklahoma weather holds off today it's bead blasting and new
Nice lookin project.. The 4th gen X-body has the best factory front suspension setup. It鈥檚 basically the same as the 70-81 F-body. Subframe is a little bit different though..
n
i am loving that car! the two-tone paint is great, and those wheels--though you'll probably change them, actually look good on the car. never saw them look decent on any other car, so that is a find for me.

does this generation have 3 point belts?

-Rusty
No my car is lap belts only. As for the wheels I haven't decided on style or manufacturers. But they will be 15x8 in the rear and 15x7 up front. But that's a ways down the road. And mother nature isn't helping me any.

Registered
Nice looking Skylark! Looks pretty solid and front seat even looks pretty nice. What engine is in it?
I have a pair of A pillar moldings (black) PM me if interested. Hopefully that floor pan will be very close and work well.

Registered
A handful of enthusiasts for that body style. Was a guy on the Buick site, believe his user name was "Silver Buick" who had a long thread detailing his upgrades and racing exploits. He put a BBB 455 and a five speed in it.
I did (past tense) have some fenders, and other bits, fenders wouldn't sell, went to DVAP and the remaining bits finally sold to an enthusiast in the pacific northwest. I do still have a door, radiator supports, front inner skirts, and side glass that fits that Skylark generation.

Attachments

Registered
There's a 1975 Skylark at U Pull & Pay in Denver that was set on February 4th. You might could (being from Oklahoma you'll understand that phrase) ask someone from that area to scout any crumbs that you're missing.

Registered
1977 Buick Skylark
Discussion Starter #13
Well AMD won't have a floor pan panel until late April. I finally got a confirmation email. Well I have to say pretty much any we 4th gen guys might need go to www.carid.com & sherman and associates reproduction parts. In stock at the warehouse I told the ole boy I was talking to about the wait with AMD and that he'd get my business from here on. And he set me up with a 15% discount. And I'll have my patch panel Wednesday or Thursday at the latest!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts