Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a set of 13" Anco Turtleback wiper blades that I purchased a few years back on this site, they were NOS (still in GM boxes) & brand new. They weren't correct for my car as they were polished or chrome as opposed to the 66' that would have been satin finished. They fit and look great and I'm okay with them not being period correct as I understand they were for 62-65'. What has happened though is that shortly after putting them on, the rubber started to split. :(
I assume its due to their age...50 plus years..
I paid a pretty penny for them and am hoping to find a set of 13" refills for them. I'd take a couple pairs if I could locate them.
Any input appreciated.
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a set of 13" Anco Turtleback wiper blades that I purchased a few years back on this site, they were NOS (still in GM boxes) & brand new. They weren't correct for my car as they were polished or chrome as opposed to the 66' that would have been satin finished. They fit and look great and I'm okay with them not being period correct as I understand they were for 62-65'. What has happened though is that shortly after putting them on, the rubber started to split. :(
I assume its due to their age...50 plus years..
I paid a pretty penny for them and am hoping to find a set of 13" refills for them. I'd take a couple pairs if I could locate them.
Any input appreciated.
Thanks
Tony
You can buy silicone or poly wiper material by the foot on Ebay , 13s or too short for any modern car but some rear window wipers for suvs are pretty short. I'd buy some 26" ones and cut them in half.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
66 are suppose to be shinny...67 are the satin finish.

This what you need for a coupe...Not mine but is what I use in my 67.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
66 are suppose to be shinny...67 are the satin finish.

This what you need for a coupe...Not mine but is what I use in my 67.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

Thanks for clarifying the 66' shiny arms part of it, I was told differently but that's good to know....
Thanks for the lead, I will check this angle out, just hoping they will fit my wipers...
Tony

·
Registered
587 Posts
no clue if they'll fit.

NAPA also has a classic series that replaces the entire assembly (all but the wiper arm, of course) that costs something like $20 and is an old style (two different styles to choose from if memory serves). would have purchased that setup had the counter guy told me before the refills were ordered as my assembly is rusty--still probably will and just save the refills.

hope this helps.

-Rusty

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Can you put 13" wipers on a 66' Nova and still fit it into your garage?

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
They don't work? I have a friend that has a 66 L79 and they work in his arms?

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They don't work? I have a friend that has a 66 L79 and they work in his arms?

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Hi Dave,
What I meant was that there was no link for me to check. I would like to get that link from you if you could send it again.
Thanks again,
Tony

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for this Dave, you think these will fit then...
I will pursue these...
Thanks so muich
Ton
Thanks again Dave, I bought these on the link provided,
Will update with how it turned out.....
Much appreciated,
Tony

·
Registered
184 Posts
got my refills at NAPA part # 6-1344. they were something like $8.

here is the link, should be the same thing: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/TRI61344?keywordInput=6+1344

good luck!

-Rusty
FYI I went to NAPA yesterday to check on these wiper blade refills for my 63 Vert. They did not have any in stock. They ordered a set from Portland and they were waiting for me at the store at 8:30 this morning. The plastic mounting rail for the refill was tight when being mounted on the wiper, but other than that, they fit. They were under $10. I will be keeping this part number for future reference. Thanks Rusty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts