Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted this third generation with an interesting day two look, check out the rear fender wells!! pretty cool cross ram. also a 64 hardtop LS1 powered six speed manual. and a couple photo's of the ugly duckling. this show is about an hour away from my place. usually some top end cars there but the weather was a little damp this morning scared everybody off.

·
Super Moderator
3,886 Posts
Geez, day 2 look is right. I look at that today and I just don't get fender flares, but as a kid, that would have been just the right kind of Kustom! I like the car for the period look, and I love kidney slot mags of just about any kind. The efforts at 'day 2' cars or era-correct customized cars with the right kind of equipment are very cool, and sometimes tougher than a stocker to restore.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
There was a multi color yellow '68 in town like the blue one in the early '80s. It had the Grumpy style hood scoop with 2 4s on a tunnel ram. If I had it today I would leave it just like it was.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Day two third generation

I tried to talk to the guy who drove it in, with no luck!! he rolled in and rolled out. the guy driving the red 64 wasn't to chatty either. it is an interesting group of participants and spectators. this drive inn is only few minutes away from Microsoft campus. I always enjoy this show the GTO and Firebird guys put it on lots of well done and original cars to look at. they even let us Nova guys in.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,337 Posts
Geez, day 2 look is right. I look at that today and I just don't get fender flares, but as a kid, that would have been just the right kind of Kustom! I like the car for the period look, and I love kidney slot mags of just about any kind. The efforts at 'day 2' cars or era-correct customized cars with the right kind of equipment are very cool, and sometimes tougher than a stocker to restore.
LOL, I hear you. I went through the flared fenders, visors and spoilers in the mini truck club I was in in the late '70s in SoCal. I'm definitely over it now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I find it interesting that you mentioned no one speaking. I don’t know why people go to shows and not speak to each other, unless in the clique, and don’t speak to anyone looking at their car!
Why the hell did they bring it out?
I’ve been clear across country wearing my club jacket, city/state on it too, to many shows. Not a single person has asked me about it or even said Hi! That is bizarre and sad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts