Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here using Amsoil Compresser oil in their automatic transmission? Any problems? Would you use it in a street/strip application?

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I use the John Deere hydraulic oil in my race car transmissions. Lots of folks use it. Never heard of Amsoil compressor oil being used.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Sounds like it has some advantages for some applications. No idea how it might act on the street. You going to try it?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kicking the idea around but my build is a long way from being done. I've got a 468/TH400/4000 converter that I might try to run a Gear Vendor's overdrive behind. I'm sure it's going to create a lot of heat and if the compressor oil has been found to stand up the best just curious how it works long term on the street.
I know there was someone on this forum that's been using it but can't remember who.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
amsoil has 2 compressor oils

iso 46 which is no heavier than most tranny oils, just without the friction modifiers,

and iso 100 which is a heavy weight, heavy duty oil.

its expensive as all getup so i use a mobil dte iso 100 weight oil from grainger which is a little cheaper and mix is with jd hygard which is about iso 60, which is even cheaper still.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
We've been using the Amsoil Compressor Oil for three years now in the race car. It's a synthetic that has very high flash points and has no friction modifiers. Several converter/trans vendors recommend it. They make it in several viscositys but we run 20wt. It's clear and oderless which is nice. I buy it by the 5 gallon pail which really cuts down the cost. I would highly recommend it for any high performance applications.
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/pci.aspx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts