Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered two american torq thrust d wheels through jegs for my 67 nova. I was shocked to see that the "american" wheels were made in china. What has the world come to!!

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
Maybe they should change the name to "Chinese Racing Wheels". Halibrand wheels are now made in China too. That sucks, but what can you do?
Tim

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Thats disappointing to hear. What a bummer.
There seems to be nothing made here anymore.
This is why I try to use vintage stuff from years back. But even then some of it was made overseas. I have a couple of vintage torque thruster looking rims on my Chevelle and they say made in Japan.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
I guess in a way it is sad to see, it seams that almost all american made wheels are $500-600 on average a piece, which are mostly billet and your 3 piece wheels are $1300 each.

American bit off more then they could chew when they bought Boyd and Welds line up. Then Wheel pros came in and bought out American, which is owned by a big brokerage company. American has been buying there hoops out of China for a long time now it seams the centers are coming from there as well..

People demand a cheap nice wheel and its unfortunate but everyone looks to China to keep it cheap.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I've had a set of custom backspace 16" American Torq-Thrusts for my El Camino on order since April 4th... Store here tells me they're 'in the mail'.

I'm going to cancel the order and try to order something else...:mad:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I bought a set of American Racing Baja wheels for my Jeep Cherokee last year. I too was irritated to see they were made in China. :mad: Then you hear people trying to figure out why unemployment is so high. Are Cragar wheels still made over here?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I ordered two american torq thrust d wheels through jegs for my 67 nova. I was shocked to see that the "american" wheels were made in china. What has the world come to!!
Yep....just like American Eagle clothes company....made from anywhere else but north america

Pierre

1 - 12 of 12 Posts