Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
American Autowire Classic Update kit 62 nova?

Hello, I am building a 62 nova wagon. My last project I used AAW hwy 22 kit. It worked great. I would like to install the Classic update kit. I believe this one uses a upgraded bulkhead. I have heard that you have to modify firewall slightly to mount it? Also does it interfere with power brake booster if I want to run power brakes? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks Travis

·
Registered
63 SS
951 Posts
I installed the classic update kit but without a booster. There looks like more than enough room for a booster.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hello, I am building a 62 nova wagon. My last project I used AAW hwy 22 kit. It worked great. I would like to install the Classic update kit. I believe this one uses a upgraded bulkhead. I have heard that you have to modify firewall slightly to mount it? Also does it interfere with power brake booster if I want to run power brakes? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks Travis
It was pretty minor on my 67, I had to make the square opening a little bigger, you get a new fuse panel that you can locate where convenient on the inside. They have a good video on it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi guys

I fitted an AAW classic upgrade in my 63 wagon only a slight modification to the firewall there is a template in the box to do this, there is no issues with the brake booster nice easy harness to fit, just use the correct terminal crimpers.

Cheers Ian:uk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts