Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed here, but I could not find it. What I need to know is how do I go about removing spots on the aluminum engine panels. I had radiator coolant splash all over them and now they are spotted and I have tried several things with no success. thanks for the info.

Len

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Well I'm not sure how to get the spots out. I did mine with a scotchbrite pad to get a satin look then sprayed them with satin clear. They are very easy to keep clean. they have been given a dose of coolant it it cleaned right off. Maybe some Eagle or another spray & rinse aluminum cleaner would work.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had the same problem on my radiator shroud, polished aluminum, water and coolant left spots. I used Meguires Hot Rims aluminum polish to get the spots out. It takes quite a few applications, but you will slowly see them fade away. After that I gave it a coat of wax so that should seal the aluminum a little better.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I use either Blue Magic or Optimum metal polish. Follow it up with any kind of metal sealer like ZOOPS or even a paint sealant by Optimum will work great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts