Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm down to getting a water pump for my build. Is there really any benefit from one to the other rather than one being about half of the weight? I would like to go with an aluminum pump but they are all $100+! Any input on which I should go with? It will be going on a ZZ383.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
just weight, im using a new replacement bosch iron pump from pepboys with an impeller disk from summit installed to increase flow.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Don't know if its true just what I heard but checker/shucks/kragenmurray/o'reilly sells a "high flow" water pump with lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a sweet motor. Sure would be a shame for it to have an iron pump sitting right next to those shiny aluminum heads!
That's what I'm thinking. Not to mention the fact that I'm going to be attempting to trim weight wherever I can and every little bit helps.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
The aluminum pumps probably flow a little more water and are definately lighter. I have an iron pump, because it's tried and true for me. If I had the choice, I'd pick up one of those fancy aluminum/electric pumps like Meziere sells. None of these are cheap, just like you mentioned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Waterpump

Do you need a long or short pump? I have 2 chev. long pumps from GMPP crate motors. One's iron and one's aluminum. Both never used. I can send you the alum. pump for $50 plus shipping if it would work for you.
Wife works for the Post Office and she could check on the shipping from Wi.

Lusox

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pics

I never mastered the picture thing. I'll ask my son to do it when he gets home. The iron pump came from azz3 and the aluminum came from a zz430.
Been on a shelf since new as my car need a short pump.

Lusox

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pump

Looks like $65 to your door. Here's how I do this: you send me $65 and when I have that, I send the part. I'm happy to include my name and address so you know exactly who you are dealing with. Never disappointed anyone yet.
Darwin De Groff
W3894 Playbird Road
Sheboygan Falls Wi. 53085

1 - 14 of 14 Posts