Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing Jegs and noticed a company call Auto Metal Direct now has 2 and 4 inch aluminum hoods for third gen Novas.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is on the Jegs web site. There EDP coated, so you'd think it is a steel hood until you pick it up.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
So, how many recycled beer cans does it take to make one of those hoods? :D

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I'd like to have all the other panels too, like they have for 69 Camaros--but kinda pricey! $3000 for fenders, hood, bumpers, deck lid, springs...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'd like to have all the other panels too, like they have for 69 Camaros--but kinda pricey! $3000 for fenders, hood, bumpers, deck lid, springs...
how much weight savings would that be, though? and you wouldn't have a warped deck lid from plasma cutting it...

·
Registered
141 Posts
id love to have one. quite a bit heavier than my lift off harwood but probably not far off in weight from a bolt on glass hood. the price will definitely keep me away though. id like to see someone make aluminum fenders and bumpers though.

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
yeah i'll stick with my glass hood...although how strong do you think fenders would be? my dad and i are both big guys which is why i don't want fiberglass fenders. i don't want to break them...

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aluminum can be strong if it is the proper grade. I'm not sure how much a steel one weighs. I'm guessing at least 45 or 50lbs. Nightshade should know. The cool thing is they have a 4 inch hood too. inner fenders would be really cool

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I would mind the front bumper in aluminum! :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to have to put a big block in to compensate for the light weight body panels.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
My stock hood weighed in at 60 lbs, so your going to save 30-35 lbs, not bad, that's about $10 per pound over steel

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
the owner of Auto metal direct was the original and previous owner of Goodmark... he sold goodmark and started AMD like 2 oe 3 years ago.....he also took a few guys with him that i know... they also make a 68-72 Nova SS hood with the lovour brackets spot welded underneath...

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's good to know. May be we will see some more parts soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts