Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks like a good set of heads for street use and for the price that's not bad at all.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
GOOD DEAL, BUT ALL HEADS AREN'T CREATED EQUAL! :cool:

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Looks or sounds scarey to me. Probably Procomps, I wouldn't touch them.:no::no::no:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Private Label = Chinese/Tiawan quality (or lack there of)

Save your money and buy a known brand name. Even a used set of Edelbrocks will be better then some "private label" P.O.S.

Buy something good now.... You won't waste your money and regret it later! ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
What he said ^^^^. I'll second that!! If it sounds to good to be true, etc, etc.

Mark

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
NOT A FAN OF PROCOMPS! :no::no::no::mad:

:cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Those are Chinese castings. Pro Comp and a bunch of other places offer those castings. The castings themselves have improved in quality over the last couple of years and are capable of making some power. However, the valve seats are junk, the valve job is the worst you'll ever see, and if you were ever to purchase a fully assembled set of those heads all of the hardware is junk and will need to be replaced. These heads are best avoided. By the time you get done fixing them you will spend the same or more money than you would have on a good quality set of heads.

Also, the Chinese heads feature a relatively thin deck surface. You can forget about using any power adders with these heads. The castings move around a ton once you really start generating cylinder pressure. They'll tolerate a very small amount of nitrous without much problem, but forget about any boost.

You need quite a bit of small block to need a 220cc intake runner. If you're building a pump gas street-style 383 or mild street/strip 383 then you're better off with a cylinder head in the 190 - 200cc range on the intake runners. I'm a big fan of the Brodix IK200 cylinder heads for a reasonably priced aluminum small block head that performs really well on a 377 - 406 cubic inch small block.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts