Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Well, Ill shoot.

Are you going to fab them up yourself? I dont think anything hangs off of them besides the armrests, and those are supported by brackets inside the door right?

If thats the case, Id go with the same thickness or a lil thicker than they make the volkswagen aluminum panels. How thick that is, I donno, but I dont think you need anything that thick.

How durable do you want them is the real question. Do you want to be able to punch them and not bend, or just enough to look nice?

Actually, thinking about it, my brothers panels in his bug are pretty soft...they have all kinds of little dents...I guess its just a matter of what YOU want to have as a final product.

What are your deciding factors here?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont need anything for on them like arm rests because i have a 10pt roll cage and the swing out bar is in the way. but i dont want to thin so thats it's easy for dents but i havent thought if i am going to put parpet on them or what? I had so stock door panels but where the handle was it hit the bar.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yea I think the best thing to do would be to go find a place with panels, and see what they look like. Dont have to be Nova panels, just aluminum ones so you can feel em and see for yourself. I couldnt tell you what would be thick enough for your 'preference' but if you shop around youll get a better idea of what would work for you:yes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't know what gauge they are, but mine are about 1/16" thick. The only dent after ten years is where the window net bracket got caught when I slammed the door.

·
Registered
982 Posts
1/16 in would be good, i think thats what many hardware stores sell if they sell small sheets.

if you go to a metal supply store you could get smaller, if you dont need it to do anything but look nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts