Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was under the car checking the transmission and I noticed my body mounts look pretty bad. I'm thinking it's time to get some aluminum ones. The only problem is, the ones I found at Summit's site are only half of the necessary parts. Apparently you have to use one of the rubber ones you already have??? :confused: That seems stupid if you ask me.

Anybody know any companies that make "full" kits? I'd prefer aluminum upper and lower mounts than an aluminum upper and a rubber lower.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
SuperNova69 said:
So I was under the car checking the transmission and I noticed my body mounts look pretty bad. I'm thinking it's time to get some aluminum ones. The only problem is, the ones I found at Summit's site are only half of the necessary parts. Apparently you have to use one of the rubber ones you already have??? :confused: That seems stupid if you ask me.

Anybody know any companies that make "full" kits? I'd prefer aluminum upper and lower mounts than an aluminum upper and a rubber lower.

Thanks
Matt
I did an install on a 69 Camaro with the kit from Detroit Speed and Engineering (DSE). VERY nice stuff! http://www.detroitspeed.com/

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NIIN20. I checked around at their site, and they have a lot of other nice stuff that I'd like to buy as well. :D

Anyone else?

Matt

·
Registered
132 Posts
Global West would be another company that sells them. Good luck..

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think if you use the solid upper mounts, all you need on the bottom side is a large washer and accordingly shorter bolts.

The use of the lower cushion was to isolate the bolt from the subframe (with the rubber mounts).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts