Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen on here before somewhere that you guys with 66 Nova's are installing a universal fit radiator from Jeg's in your car. I was wondering what you one you all are using like part # and also how did it fit and what modification if any you had to do.
I'm having a little heating issue now that is 90 degs. out. I swiched to a Tauras fan over the winter and I think the stock rad. is the problem. Like I said its not a big issue but going down the road at speed (70) it runs 205 and seems to stay around there maybe up to 210. If you stand on it it goes to 220 but comes back down.
I never had a problem before with the pump driven fan as for heating up it would only get to 190 maybe on a 100 deg. day. I got the fan and shroud in the trunk of the car if I need to put it back on.:)
Thanks guys for any help.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can't give you a part number but I measured the space I had and it seems like one of the jegs ones was almost perfect. I got the one that matched and made a mount with some square stock and angle iron for the bottom and a simple aluminum plate that bolts to the core support on top and hooks over top of the radiator. Works our real well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts