Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who sells a good 3 wire alternator wiring harness?
Also what’s a good alternator with integrated voltage regulator?

1971 nova 454

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've had great luck with American Autowire, they custom-made a harness for my 67 that had some of the old stuff and new style connections for the alt and ignition. Worth a call at the very least

·
Registered
135 Posts
See if you can find an alternator for an 85-86 Camaro with the 305 (AC Delco # 334-2195A). They make a 94 amp option for those that works well and all you need is a standard GM 10SI or 12SI two wire pigtail that's available at any auto parts store.

·
6,502 Posts
Who sells a good 3 wire alternator wiring harness?
Also what’s a good alternator with integrated voltage regulator?

1971 nova 454
For a good recommendation you will need to supply how big of an alternator you are wanting to install and the amperage demands. Some companies like American Autowire may only have so much to offer. Sometimes too, a one off custom built setup may need to be made.

Keep in mind that most original alternator wiring is combined with other portions of an original harness to where it might not be something that is easily swapped out.

Something to look at is what is referred to as a "Big 3 Upgrade" that is used a lot in car audio.

Jim

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just ordered a 63 amp AC Delco 12SI from Summit for less than $40. If you don't need a 100 amp alternator, why spin all that mass and spend more $? My car has no power anything, and a modern radio that pulls much less current than the original, so 63 amps is plenty.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Do you have a 12" sub or rally lights? Go 90 amp or higher. All stock? 60-80A is fine. I like WILSON brand remans. They're a little cheaper than new units but still miles better than brands like Ultima in quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts