Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to cs 130 alternator. question is, i unhooked external regulator traced brown wire back that goes to warning light. i want to hook directy to alternator. should the light come on when you turn on switch?mine doesnt come on, i have power to light,light is good. and also why is there power on brown wire when buld is taken out

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
There are a couple of different brown wires. You should get the bown wire at the voltage regulator. If the bulb is in, there should be power on it when the ignition is on. It shold go to the "F" terminal on the altenator. A CS130 can be wired without the idiot light. You would then take ignition power to the "L" terminal on the altenator.

IMO. You should use the idiot light if you have one.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There are a couple of different brown wires. You should get the bown wire at the voltage regulator. If the bulb is in, there should be power on it when the ignition is on. It shold go to the "F" terminal on the altenator. A CS130 can be wired without the idiot light. You would then take ignition power to the "L" terminal on the altenator.

IMO. You should use the idiot light if you have one.
i have the brown wire at the regulator but i hve power on it with switch on even if bulb is out of socket:confused:but yet light doesnt come on with bulb in socket its all the original wires

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i still cant figure out why i cant get warning light to work. i have power to the light with the switch on. but light wont come on

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
:confused:i have 12volts to the warning light socket and 12 volts on the other wire [ brown] without the bulb in the socket.bulb still wont light. does it take a regular bulb?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts