Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a 1972 nova from a friends wife . my friend passed away and his wife wanted me to be the next caretaker of his baby.this car is just cherry and a blast to drive but i want to drive it a lot.what is the best alternator with internal regulator i can use ( this car has factory air ) and is a one wire the way to go ? also i just don't care for the points .what electronic conversion dist. can be used and be reliable.. by no means do i want to molest this car i just want to massage it a little. currently it is a 350 with a two barrel carb. but she gve me a cast iron intake and a never installed q- jet in the box ..the owner before my friend got the car said it was in the trunk when he bought the car in 1979.making my friend the 3 rd. owner and me the 4 th owner.. the car has a H code vin. any one know what works. thanks....

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
No need to mess with the electrical if it's working. All mine stayed with external regulator and never had any problems.

That Q-Jet if clean along with the manifold could work out well for you for freebies. Find out how much you like it and make bigger changes later as needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts