Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back there was talk about the alternate VIN location on the Nova/Chevy II, and that got me thinking today. I need to find the alternate VIN on my 67 Firebird as I have reason to believe that the VIN is from another car. I know that there is one under the cowl, and I have the #'s from there, but it isn't a complete VIN. I read that there is one near the heater box, but I don't know if the box needs to be removed or not. I am thinking that there should be one on the chassis somewhere, or at least somewhere easier to get to. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.
Grant

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
MY 3rd gen has one on the firewall by the heater box, front end has to be off to see and one in the trunk on the floor, about 8-10" in from the back panel just to the drivers side of the car.I have seen it in the driver compartment, but don't rember where.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Check this out gforce, it shows ya where they are http://firstgenfirebird.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=005206#000000
If you have a 67 Bird, you oughtta be a member there anyways ;)
Theres a partial one on top of the cowl, on the passenger side under the cowl panel, and one behind the blower box also (I had to go look at my 68 to verify both of these so I wouldnt start another whiz-bang argument like I did with the tailpipe discussion) :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts