Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a 350 with Double hump heads with no holes in the heads for bracket. Im looking for some brackets to mount this thing can you guys help me out with some pics or links, I don't want to mount it down low. Thanks Nate

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
nate_104_98 said:
Well I got a 350 with Double hump heads with no holes in the heads for bracket. Im looking for some brackets to mount this thing can you guys help me out with some pics or links, I don't want to mount it down low. Thanks Nate
You need pre 69' brackets. I think it's refered to as a side mount. THere's a bracket which bolts to the left header/manifold, another bracket which bolts to it and has the through holes to mount the alternator. There's an adjusting arm which mounts to the water pump... I think. You'll need a short style water pump for this setup. The link below shows all the pieces; just not as a complete kit.

http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductsListByMinID.aspx?BrandID=1&minID=3751&majID=375&selection=9&minselection=0

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Here is the way 1st and 2nd gen mount...
(ofcourse you need to have the exhaust manifold that has the mounting into the cast)

Screwdriver optional :):)

HTH?
Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Aviator It still says that The mid mount bolts to head Can you explain a little or pics thanks Also Shawn Ive seen them kind of mounts kind of trying to stay away from that idea my bro has a 56 chevy with them mounts engine pushing maybe 400 horse He has broke 2 of them brackets the third one I made and welded up but Kinda just looking for any other ideas or I guess I will have to weld one up for mine to thanks Nate

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Looks good but not really looking to get a low mount Unless I have to Just searching for some Options thanks Nate

·
Registered
25 Posts
Whoops

I posted before I read to closely...Mine does bolt into the head....have you considered drilling and tapping a mounting hole?

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
use alan grove componenets as posted above..they are cheap, it uses a back bracket to hold the bottom hole of the alt up instead of threading a bolt into the head..i actually have a set somewhere..thats if you want to keep your alt on the pass side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts