Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know of a alternator bracket assembly that will work with the type of heads that have no threaded mounting holes on the face. I have added headers and the stock system willnot work.I am using the chrome Mr.Gasket header bracket and it keeps breaking and I have problems tightning the header bolts with this lame set up.

Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Depending on what other accessories you are running a low mount kit could solve your problem. Relocates the alt to bottom right or left side instead of up top.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Depending on what other accessories you are running a low mount kit could solve your problem. Relocates the alt to bottom right or left side instead of up top.
Low mount should work and look much better then the high mount.Here is a couple pics of the high mount, it use a mount off the header bolts and the arm comes off the water pump!

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Low mount should work and look much better then the high mount.Here is a couple pics of the high mount, it use a mount off the header bolts and the arm comes off the water pump!
I attempted to use one very similar to that when I was looking for a new driver's side alternator mount when switching from a long to a short water pump.

Anything that pushes the alternator over and above the driver's side of the motor doesn't have much room to play in before it hits the inner fender on the early Chevy IIs. :no:

The low mount kit was the best solution that I found for a driver's side mount. :yes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lower mount

thanks for the info,
I tried one of those lower mounts and it was too low and hit the crossmember.this goes on the driverside for a small block. The only way I thought that would work was to notch the crossmember.I don't want to attemp that.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Rudy at Modern Performance, I never had a clearance issue with his low mount.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
March has a powdercoated serpentine system that isn't too expensive because the pulleys are polished. It does require a long water pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts