Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to Palm Beach Friday night. On my way down to tech, a loose hose clamp on my intercooler filled up the floorboard with water on the passenger side. That's the way to start off the night. After getting that dried up, we got down to business. The track was pretty good. The first two passes, the tires chattered and spun througth first and second gear. I had a couple of friends there helping me with my MSD 7531. They both agreed to take out power and just get the car down the track. The 60 ft. was a best ever 1.40 and the ET 9.05 / 152 MPH. The car has never left that smooth. I hit the rev limiter in first gear before going into second. I got so excited about the launch, I forgot to shift. I know that cost me some. That's all the runs we were able to get in. I'm headed down next Friday to see if we can hit the magic number. Plans are to change launch RPMs and added power during the run. Updates to come.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i wanna see video of your car gg64 that is darn fast :yes: way to go sorry to hear about you mishap thats gonna smell good :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
We went to Palm Beach Friday night. On my way down to tech, a loose hose clamp on my intercooler filled up the floorboard with water on the passenger side. That's the way to start off the night. After getting that dried up, we got down to business. The track was pretty good. The first two passes, the tires chattered and spun througth first and second gear. I had a couple of friends there helping me with my MSD 7531. They both agreed to take out power and just get the car down the track. The 60 ft. was a best ever 1.40 and the ET 9.05 / 152 MPH. The car has never left that smooth. I hit the rev limiter in first gear before going into second. I got so excited about the launch, I forgot to shift. I know that cost me some. That's all the runs we were able to get in. I'm headed down next Friday to see if we can hit the magic number. Plans are to change launch RPMs and added power during the run. Updates to come.
Congrats on some great runs, I hope my set-up is as crisp as yours :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice job. seems the 7531 is worth the money
I appreciate all the comments. I don't understand all the workings of the 7531but, what I do know is that thing can do most anything you want. I am in the process of learning how to work it. The guys that are helping me with it, have used it for quite some time and have got it down pretty good. Needless to say, I can't wait for Friday. I have someone going to video the runs so hopefully, I can post something.

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
Man that is cool...........Good Luck on Friday! I'm looking forward to seeing the video. I have a set of original plates that read E 898 T they would be perfect for you except they are for a 67 :( ............hey how about an air shifter? no more missed shifts.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really didn't miss the shift, I just didn't shift when the light came on. I'll be ready for that sucker this time.

I've got a downtown cruise to go to tomorrow night if the weather is good. The way the forecast is looking, I don't think that's going to happen. I may have to wait until Friday to drive it again. I'm telling you, I can't wait.:D

Hey Jay, I think the boys from up your way are going to show us ******** just how bad cars can be early next year.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I appreciate all the comments. I don't understand all the workings of the 7531but, what I do know is that thing can do most anything you want. I am in the process of learning how to work it. The guys that are helping me with it, have used it for quite some time and have got it down pretty good. Needless to say, I can't wait for Friday. I have someone going to video the runs so hopefully, I can post something.
yeah, seattle mike is running close to 6s with the same box so Im sure its darn good. I think programmable ignition is one of the advances that has not nearly been harnessed to its full potential.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
50% chance of rain tomorrow night. It's not looking good for T&T.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
a loose hose clamp on my intercooler filled up the floorboard with water on the passenger side.

I had a couple of friends there helping me with my MSD 7531. . Plans are to change launch RPMs and added power during the run. Updates to come.
got any pics of IC setup includin ur water tank....???

i hear ya on the 7531, a buddy of mines runs that box & that thing is bad arss.. u change that launch rpm & bring some timing back in, 8's will be right there w/ a couple button puches on the laptop..... good luck on ur next outing...

vid pls.... :yes::yes::yes:

LIL JOHN

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got any pics of IC setup includin ur water tank....???

i hear ya on the 7531, a buddy of mines runs that box & that thing is bad arss.. u change that launch rpm & bring some timing back in, 8's will be right there w/ a couple button puches on the laptop..... good luck on ur next outing...

vid pls.... :yes::yes::yes:

LIL JOHN

Went to the track tonight. We got there at 6pm. The rain started at 6:30. I didn't get a pass in until 10:30 pm. As soon as I left the line, I broke an axle. Nights over. They were 31 spline axles on borrowed time. I plan on ordering a pair of 35 spline and a new spool. I'll go ahead go with the 5/8" studs this time. I'm down for a while but, I'll be back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those are some nice looking seats!! What are they?

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Man I am sorry to hear about the broken axle. But you will appreciate the 35 spline axle.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those are some nice looking seats!! What are they?

Jim
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-80-1000-51L/

I've had more comments about my seats than anything on my car.

I pulled the rear apart yesterday. The right axle broke right at the end of the splines. The splines had twisted on both sides. The right one just had one hit too many. Everything else looks good. I'm calling Moser tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Those are awesome seats but not as awesome as your engine. Post some pics of this fire eating small block.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts