Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get a new long block 400 for my nova and I wanted to know of some reputable engine shops in Houston where i could find one.

Thanks-Blake

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Westside Machine
9100 Emnora Ln
Houston, TX 77080

(713) 465-7996

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do these places have the engine in stock or will it be something they would have to order. I'd like to just drive up there and pick it up.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Call them, if they don't betcha they can get you one, or know who has one. They are all car guys, and will help all they can.

T,
Hey guy's most shop's I have delt with usally they have to order them. Well at least after market block's anyway.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys I'm back. I'm looking to pick this thing up tomorrow. I'm looking for a place that sells these engines in large sums not some small time custom shop that will have to order it....Ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Nobody is going to have a 400 in large quantities, just sitting around....they are a fairly older casting, and getting harder to find each day.

Are you dead set on a 400? You might be better off finding a 383 already built setting around than a 400......or another built motor, otherwise, you are going to have to order a crate engine....

I don't know of anyone around here that I would trust to buy a prebuilt motor off the floor......remember Thunderbolt?....:D

T,

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm on a budget and i want to reuse my intake, cam and all the other stuff that came off my old 400 and just slap it on the new one. Will that stuff work on a 350?

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just check out your car. Very nice.

Where did you get the dynomat?

I am about to buy some and wondered if you purchased locally? FYI I live in Katy.
Naw i got it off of eBay. I drive a lot around the old katy area. Highway 59. Keep you eyes peeled. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts