Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked steady all day from about 8:30 this morning til 4:00 PM getting my trailer race ready. Serviced the chemical john, generator, lights, tires, installed some new stuff I got since last fall and loaded up the Nova for a T&T. It was sunny and 70s all day. As I am pulling out of the driveway my buddy calls me and asks what I'm doing cause it is raining at his house. I tell him it's nice and no matter I am headed to the track anyway. I get to the state line and it starts raining. I get to the track and it's wet. I Walk around and they are trying to dry the track. 90 minutes go by and it starts to drizzle again and it gets steady and harder. No way we are going to T&T so I start home. Busted my butt on the car for a couple weeks and the trailer today and never got to drive it even through the pits to seat the brake pads. We need the rain so I can't whine much but I fished in a downpour and now missed my T&T. I'm ready to play. RM

·
Registered
457 Posts
That sucks, but lets try to find a posative here. At least you are REALLY ready the next time. Meanwhile, the rest of us in most parts of the country are just finishing up winter projects. I am working on installing my new brakes and other things and I have to push my Harley outside and cover it from the rain and SNOW. I have at least a month before T&T. Anyway, as you can tell, I am jelous. Good luck:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carolina blue skies this morning but cooler. I'll be going tomorrow to Greer or back to SS Sunday for another T&T. Cooler Sat with 60 predicted and Sunday is suppose to be mid 60s. The truck and trailer are a external mess and will get washed later today. RM

·
Registered
810 Posts
You should live in Fl... we can have rain on the big and not at the starting line:D.

Most tracks here in FL have a good way of moving the water off the track though.

Sorry for the missed T&T :yes:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can race all year long here if the weather is decent. The tracks stay open for grudge racing and T&T all winter. They run on Sunday afternoons any time the temp is above 50 degrees which happens frequently. When I lived in Ohio we parked the car in Oct and it didn't come back out until April if we were lucky........LOL. Here we race til Thanksgiving and start back in early March. Much better......LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to run on motor Mike, no bottle yet. I got the parts and rebuilt the NOS pump yesterday so it's good to go when I want to fill the bottles up. I want to run it on motor to see what the ported heads are going to do. It should run easy 5.20s on motor if the heads are doing what they should. I'm loaded up and going to try again in the morning at SS. RM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts