Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have noticed alot of "I'm looking for" or "Does anyone have any (fill in the blank) for sale" type posts lately. Now, I know parts are hard to find, and everyone wants to have their post seen by as many eyes as possible. Unfortunetly, the posting agreement that all of you electronicly signed to register is quite clear about these types of posts in the main forum. Please post them in the classifieds sections.

Now, before some of you get all upset and scream that I am being overbearing, please consider what this section of the forums is for. Body work and interior how to and advice, not sales or want adds.

So far, I think that I have been very reasonable. I have not deleted any posts, and I usually just add a little reminder in the individuals post. In the future, I will start deleting posts that dont follow the user agreements.

Post that are asking "are these reproduced", "where is the best/cheapest place to buy", or even "How much should I ask for this part" are fine by me, and will be left alone. I am not trying to make your lives harder, I am trying to keep the board free from clutter.

Go ahead and flame me, hate me, or whatever you feel you must do, but follow the posting agreement.

Thanks for reading!

Jack

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The rules...

Unfortunetly, the posting agreement that all of you electronicly signed to register is quite clear about these types of posts in the main forum.
From this web page, can you tell us how access "the agreement" so that we may all review it? From reading your post, it isn't "quite clear" what is acceptable and what is not. For instance...

"I'm looking for" is NOT O.K.

"are these reproduced" is FINE

At least some of us are not totally clear on the subject, thus the confusion.

FWIW, why is this a "Body and Interior" posting / issue? Would it not be better served in "Site News" and "Classifieds""?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,467 Posts
The easiest way it to read below, because I have copied and paste the agreement here for you. But how did I get it? I did it the same what any user can, but logging out of the board, then go back to the main screen and click register and the agreement is there for you to read if you so wish. This agreement is what makes this site easy to follow and helps everyone catagorize all subjects... I have take the liberty to bold the text that you're looking for, and I'm quite sure that you will find that it's clear. Enjoy the site!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of stevesnovasite.com Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of stevesnovasite.com Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of stevesnovasite.com Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. For sale and wanted ads can only be posted in the classified ads area, if you post ads in the main forums they will be removed. Furthermore, these forums are not to be used to advertise a business, or a product. If you think that you may have a problem following any of the above rules you may want to reconsider registering.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I agree

It makes things so much more enjoyable and fun for all of us when the rules are followed in regards to parts inquiries.

Regards and Thanks to Steve and all you guys who help keep us in order,

Craig

·
Registered
29 Posts
Board Integrity

I am a new member and truly appreciate your efforts to keep the board on track and operating a certain way. I only wish more would do the same.

Keep uo the good work.

RLA

·
Registered
5 Posts
help please

I just registered and I was wondering if the bumpers and the SS grill and light bezels from a '72 would fit my '74 (it's not a SS). will they?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
I just registered and I was wondering if the bumpers and the SS grill and light bezels from a '72 would fit my '74 (it's not a SS). will they?
Welcome to the Site... this isn't the proper area to ask... it's a thread stating read before posting... your best spots to pose the question is either in the 3rd genner forum or the body/interior forum (i'd recommend 3rd genner forum)

i wish ya well and again... Welcome to the Site :D

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Please forgive me fopor the asking for help post.. i'll not visit this site again.
Wow, that guy got repremanded for asking the shoulder belt question? Really.
Seemed like a perfectly normal question to ask in the body and interior forum. I know rules are rules but dude was just asking for a proper vendor, not trying to sell anything.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
His thread is still there, how do you know he got repremanded?
Why would he respond in this thread and say he won't come back? Seems like he felt this was directed towards him.

He only has 4 posts and 3 were in the seatbelt thread.

JMO

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
I say BS

When new person starts a thread asking where he can get a certain part and another person replies and says that it is available here: www.chevy2only.com

-OR-

The person replies "Those have never been reproduced., but I have 3 or 4 extras., please PM me if you'd like"

Both replies should be perfectly acceptable...........

I thought we were here to help each other out.....

Not to simply ignore or tell someone to "GO FISH" because they are wondering where to find a Nova part.................:mad::mad::mad:

Not to mention the fact that "newbies" can't post a "Wanted" ad until they have the required 25 posts.....
So what are they supposed to do ??? Post in BS 25 times asking how the weather is in someone else's area ????

They are coming to the site for information...... This is more than likely going to include parts availability.........:yes:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Why would he respond in this thread and say he won't come back? Seems like he felt this was directed towards him.

JMO
So he got PM'd you think? Is that how it's usually done? I'm just curios, I agree with you, I thought his question was appropriate and not breaking the rules. :confused:

I'd really like to know what happened, I am considering becoming a supporting member and the answer to this may help me decide.:D

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts

JMO
I see no where that he was reprimanded. That is unless someone sent him a PM.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agree to disagree. Lol. Imagine how many pm's they do for things that are the "wrong place". I would get bored. Sitting at the computer all day checking posts by posts. No thank you. Ill just restore my 1st gen. Lol :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts