Chevy Nova Forum banner

321 - 340 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Energy Trans Mount problems

Anyone using energy suspensions trans mount had any problem with it?? I just put one and it it is too tall now the driveshaft yolk hits the floor:mad:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Anyone using energy suspensions trans mount had any problem with it?? I just put one and it it is too tall now the driveshaft yolk hits the floor:mad:
I had the exact same issue. I'm going to end up bending my tranny crossmember down to get the extra clearance. I can't even get my driveshaft in when I put the poly mount in(Energy Suspension).

I compared the two and the energy suspension bushing was a full half inch taller.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I use a standard rubber one and put a hose clamp around it so it won't pull apart.
Well I had a solid mount in there so I wasnt worried about that. Someone told me that running all solid mounts was bad (as I have solid motor mounts) so I wanted to change it, but the solid fits so its going back in tomorrow:bored: Seems like everythine I fix one problem on theis car I get 10 more:bored:

·
Registered
347 Posts
sure last long, but i had them on a 77 truck and didnt like sitting at stop sighns with a huge cam!! kinda got annoying,, ps just noticed that they stock energy suspension mounts on the floor at my local autozone.. thats what i use now and i love them..like $35.00 each

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
1 run them.... not much difference.... sure stiffens the from ftame though.... a side benefit

·
14,583 Posts
On a track only car i would say yes. On a street driven car I would say no. The only experience I have had with them is a friends Camaro. It seems to transmit a lot of noise and vibration to the car.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I run them on my 69. I like them over the stock rubber ones. There is a good bit more vibration, I don't daily drive mine though.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
the vibration is good, just ask my gf. ;) BTW what do you guys do about the tranny mount? Solid, rubber, other?

·
14,583 Posts
the vibration is good, just ask my gf. ;) BTW what do you guys do about the tranny mount? Solid, rubber, other?
The general consensus is that if you run solid motor mounts DO NOT RUN A SOLID TRANS MOUNT because of possibility of breaking the trans bellhousing. This question has been asked before and a good number of people say they run solid in both places with no problems. I personally would not.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
The general consensus is that if you run solid motor mounts DO NOT RUN A SOLID TRANS MOUNT because of possibility of breaking the trans bellhousing. This question has been asked before and a good number of people say they run solid in both places with no problems. I personally would not.
ya thats what I heard too. :yes:

321 - 340 of 359 Posts