Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good alignment shop in the Inland Empire area? I'd like to take it to someone that knows these older cars and will follow the specs I want.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I’d steer clear of most of the chain store operations. Laser guided missile launcher alignment rigs are not necessary for these older type of cars.
The only place I could recommend would be Bear Frame on Arrow hwy.
If you have some special setup requirements you might want to give them
a call and explain what you are trying to accomplish. Alternatively, find someone who does race car setups. They are constantly tuning suspensions for various tracks and conditions.. Caster, camber, and toe is all you have to work with adjustment wise and it’s managed by the upper control arm cross shaft and the tie rod adjuster sleeves.

Bear Frame & Wheel
143 E Arrow Hwy
Glendora, CA 91740
United States

+1 (626) 335-0243

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Alignment

After installing tubular upper control arm to gain several degrees of caster,
I took my car to a well established, independent, brake and front end shop.
The owner told me he did not do "Shim Alignments"
He referred me to another well established, independent tire, brake and front end shop, where they agreed to do align the "Old Style" shims
The cost was $100. Seemed like a lot

·
Super Moderator
4,019 Posts
Have to back Nova Thug 100%. I've had all my old cars aligned there for the last 25 years. I brought my convertible in, and it's always the same: Gary grumbles, shakes his head, says the front suspensions are junk and he'll do the best he can. Then I pick up the car and it tracks dead straight, I apologize to Gary, thank him, pay for the alignment, then done.

For an older car, worth the drive, I'd say.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was exactly my feeling about these chain shops. If I dont find some thing closer, I'm definitely going to make the drive to Glendora.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts