Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some aircraft stripper. My question is will it eat bondo? I believe that the Nova will have considerable bondo . I don't want to eat the car up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
According to the paint supply store I bought my stripper from, (Oh man here it comes again) aircraft stripper will soften body filler. The guy also said to use a self etching primer over the bare metal and to put the filler back in on top of the self etching primer. The primer has acids that etch into the metal and will not react to filler, so according to him if the self etching primer is applied over filler the primer may not dry. Jerry

·
Registered
251 Posts
We used some of this stuff to strip down a 1957 Chevy....It did soften the bondo but it didnt take it out. We used a wire wheel and took it out...
Make sure you use eye protection and heavy duty commercial gloves..this stuff burns!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
oh yes it WILL

If you are refering to the aircraft stripper in a aerosol can you can buy at Walmart, Lowes, etc... yes !!!!!it will lift the edges of bondo and soften the rest...TRUST ME ON THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts