Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing an article in either Hot Rod or Super Chevy years ago where a 1st gen Nova was bagged but using stock leafs. Has anyone here done it and what was the pros and cons.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least 15 years ago there was a company that offered that. Don't know anyone that had the system but I would imagine it was an under rated spring so that the car would drop and with the air bag inflated the combined spring rates would equal the stock spring rate and maybe the stock height too.
Yup, that is the article I was reading. I was gonna leave my stock spring but lower it with a 2" block and use the bag to lift it back to stock height for speed bumps and steep driveways. I think fabbing a couple bag mounts would be cheaper and easier than goin 4-link.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have multi leaf springs on rear with 2” drop blocks and bagged. It is a smooth ride when set at the right height. I am sure it isn’t as stable in handling as a 4 link but I am just a cruiser and do like the look when it is dropped to just resting on the springs

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have multi leaf springs on rear with 2” drop blocks and bagged. It is a smooth ride when set at the right height. I am sure it isn’t as stable in handling as a 4 link but I am just a cruiser and do like the look when it is dropped to just resting on the springs
Perfect, I have a mono leaf but plan on doin the same as you did, Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, do you have any pics of your set up? I was thinking of doing a crossmember on the frame side with bag mounts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts