Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting Air Shocks on the rear of my 64 it sets just a little lower in the back i am sure that is normal but when i load down my stuff to go to a show or cruise in( cooler, chairs,and stuff) it drops a little more anyone running air shocks on the rear how will this effect the ride not wanting to jack it way up just kinda hold it steady.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
It will not help the smoothness of the ride any, I used to run air shocks onthe wagon and 66 flamer,hope I never have to go back, if you were close enough Id probably donate them to you,but im afraid id be doing you no favor,

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like i say just looking to help hold the ride height steady when i load her down didn`t know how much a full cooler and chairs and umbrellas and all the other goodys weighed till i loaded up the trunk and back seat she just squates a little more than i like.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Air shocks and load shock with springs are not the best. Buy new springs (and shocks) to get your stance and ride correct!
the monroes are the cheap fix...under $100....springs and shocks are $400-500.Not sure of rich's money situation.bm

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are correct BM money is tight here looking under $100 don`t drive it everyday just maybe twice a month during the summer maybe couple times more if its real nice. last year i only put like 800 miles on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts