Chevy Nova Forum banner

air ride... now im scratchin my head

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  CaddyDaddy 
#1 ·
working on a 67 camaro with the air ride technologies 4-link and shockwave billet air shocks... the kit currently does not have an air pump or control valve, just each shock with an airline that goes to a schrader valve that is mounted in the trunk... looks very cheap to me and i wanted to purchase a compressor and some sort of gauge to monitor air pressure... anyone have any suggestions on the best place to call... i loooked on airride's website and the cheapest kit they sell is 1200 bucks:eek: the front suspension is currently stock but the guy will eventually do bags on the front as well

#10 ·
if its a member id love to give them some business, basically what i need is a compressor and a switch/gauge panel to monitor the pressure in each shockwave shock on the rear... current situation is whenever the car sits for a little while the shocks bleed down a little bit, causing the fenders to hit the tires (he needs to chance his wheels but we will get to that later) and he doesnt own an air compressor so he has to drive it to the gas station like that just to air up the shocks... hopefully a compressor and some sort of pressure regulator would air them up at will... this is my first go-round with airbags so if i sound like a tard please forgive me

#11 ·
fosheezie, I am currently attending ASE/EVT training until Friday. I'll be driving home Friday night and in the shop on Sat. Sounds like you are looking for a basic two path system. As far as the leakdown issue. Mix up some soapy water in a spray bottle. Check fittings first as this is the most common source of a leak. This includes the push connections for the air lines, as they can leak if you did not use a line cutter to cut the air line. Last but not least check the bag portion of the shockwaves, and the schrader fittings on your air lines. I will send you a pm when I get back to the shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.