Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
That is a narrow band o2 sensor. it only tells you if you are lean, stoich, or rich. but never tells you how much. And you can't change stoich if want. if you want to really tune your system, you need to get a wide band o2 sensor like from innovate or such.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yes they will work together. You may be able to find the sensor cheaper. There was a VW place in california that had them for like 50$ if i remember right. also check out innovates website direct to see what they sellt hem for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's three components to an Innovate gauge setup - the sensor, the controller, and the gauge. A wideband doesn't put out a straight voltage signal, so it needs a controller to convert the signal from the sensor into one you can use with the gauge. Innovate sells the DB gauge, LC-1 controller (the one item you missed on the list) and the sensor at a package discount that's cheaper than buying all of them separately.

·
Registered
751 Posts
There's three components to an Innovate gauge setup - the sensor, the controller, and the gauge. A wideband doesn't put out a straight voltage signal, so it needs a controller to convert the signal from the sensor into one you can use with the gauge. Innovate sells the DB gauge, LC-1 controller (the one item you missed on the list) and the sensor at a package discount that's cheaper than buying all of them separately.
Im not going to argue, but are you sure you need the lc-1? I thought the lc1 just did data logging also. I just have an old lm1 and sensor no gauge so if im wrong i apologize.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im not going to argue, but are you sure you need the lc-1? I thought the lc1 just did data logging also. I just have an old lm1 and sensor no gauge so if im wrong i apologize.
The LC-1 is a stripped down LM-1 without the onboard recording, digital readout, or a couple other features the LM-1 has. It can be used as a gauge driver, ECU interface, or daisy chained to other Innovate devices and a laptop for data logging. If you have an LM-1, the LM-1 is also capable of driving the Innovate gauges without an LC-1.

Some companies build the wideband controller into a gauge, but that's not the case with Innovate. It does make for more items needed, but it also makes it easier to swap out different styles of gauges since the LC-1 can control any wideband gauge in Innovate's lineup (or a couple non-Innovate designs as well).

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I find my narrowband useful for cruise and WOT tuning. The exhaust doesn't make enough heat at idle to tune though. If you want a simple and inexpensive set up, it does the job.

Kev

1 - 10 of 10 Posts