Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the edelbeock 14" air filter the chrome one well i have the eddy carb and the filter doesn't fit so im gonna get a spacer but not sure what size to get. me and chevyIIheavy (jim) thing a half inch .500 will work. what do you think?

heres whats causing it not to go on smoothly

heres the space between them

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
wow thats pretty lame...edelbrock air cleaner on a edelbrock carb and it doesnt fit. You could also try a 90 degree AN fitting and some braided hose.

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow thats pretty lame...edelbrock air cleaner on a edelbrock carb and it doesnt fit. You could also try a 90 degree AN fitting and some braided hose.
ya ur telling me man i would have assumed the dam thing would fit but it doesn't nor dose it come with everything needed to install :mad: idk what to use im going with whats cheapest a 2 dollar spacer rather then buying a new bottom and such but not sure man

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The best way to make sure you can fit a spacer is to measure your clearance. I made something out of stiff paper that attached to the air filter stud. I took one small piece of paper and folded it in half. I taped that to the stud. i then took another longer scrap piece of paper and slid it between the two halves of the paper that was attached to the air cleaner stud. You want it to be able to slide down as you close the hood but stay in place once you open it.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
I've use similar plastic spacers on some apps. It will work, though you may need a longer air cleaner stud.
Buying that $2.88 part from summit will cost you the big handling fee. You don't have a speed shop around there?

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've use similar plastic spacers on some apps. It will work, though you may need a longer air cleaner stud.
Buying that $2.88 part from summit will cost you the big handling fee. You don't have a speed shop around there?
it comes out to $7.88, ya might need a longer stud as well but ya theres a speedshop here in my city i believe bowtie told me about it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts