Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen these on some cars, its a shield/deflector between grill and rad support and is supposed to force more air through rad.forget what they are called .im looking for pros/cons from users of these.are they worth the money?
i need all the cooling help i can get.
thanks

·
6,458 Posts
I made mine 12 years ago but there is a place that is making them. I've seen them on ebay and there was a post about them here on steves somewhere.It certainly does force more air to get through the radiator. I did mine more to clean up the area between the grille and rad support. A couple o screws per side removed them to let me clean out the bugs.
[/IMG]

Here's a place that has some:

http://eastcoastchevelle.com/productview.php?cat=Custom Accessories&id=1301418689&sectionPID=14

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Might have to break down and get this air deflector.
Cleans up the front end very nicely!

Thanks for the link Shane, Man I have always loved your engine!

Mark

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont see any for a 65.
shouldnt all 1st gens be the same?

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
In theory it should help cooling,never saw any improvement on my car,It does clean up the front of the car nicely though:D I made mine out of sheet aluminum.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
65 front stuff is actually quite different than the others,core support is even slightly different.

·
Registered
682 Posts
62 and 65 hood latches and side supports are different. 63-64 are the same. Since the Classic application says 63-4 only, my guess is there are differences.

I bet that these covers, combined with the lower chin spoilers, would really make a difference. I'm planning on notching my radiator support, right above the chin spoiler and behind the bumper, to maximize air flow.

It might sound silly, but I bet it stiffens the front end a little bit too.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In theory it should help cooling,never saw any improvement on my car,It does clean up the front of the car nicely though:D I made mine out of sheet aluminum.
now theres the answer i was looking for:yes:
i really cant see that much more airflow through rad as it will only alow so much but want to know from guys who use them if they actually worked or not.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
65 front stuff is actually quite different than the others,core support is even slightly different.
62 and 65 hood latches and side supports are different. 63-64 are the same. Since the Classic application says 63-4 only, my guess is there are differences..
thanks guys:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,827 Posts
I picked up mine on Ebay for Fifty bucks. /QUOTE]

We bought a pair for our 68's.

I agree with the previous comments.

I saw no improvement in the air flow; however, they really hide a lot of stuff in front of the radiator. They are worth the $50.00

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I bought a pair of the guy that sells them on ebay When I bought mine he only had the silver ones available but he now offers them in black as well. I too saw no difference in temp but does clean up the area quite a bit Could be duplicated very easily but for $50.00 not bad. The ones offered by show panels looks to be a little nicer but almost twice the cost. This pic was taken a while back

·
Registered
599 Posts
I also saw no differance in temperature. I got mine through NNN for $50.00, includes shipping, from a guy that makes them in Florida. I know he makes them for 1st. & 2nd. gens., maybe 3rd. & 4th. by now, from aluminum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts