Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running AFX tall spindles? Out of all the expensive front suspension upgrades these seem to be the best upgrade. Im thinking of using my stock control arms and the Qa1 kit. They seem to support 15 inch and below rims and from what I have read they are leaps and bounds over drop spindles. I just want to justify the $800 dollars if they are really worth it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think they are the real deal. Optimum camber curves. From what Ive read on Pro-touring and Lateral-g, they are the single best part you can put on a Nova subframe. Every thread were someone asks for a setup its always AFX, AFX, AFX, from the pro builders and track guys.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
look on pro-touring.com there is tons of info on them there. Im running them on my car. its gonna be some time before i find out how they work haha.

Looks good. Im going to save up for a pair. Im guessing they will work with stock control arms from what the site says. I will check for sure when I order them. The only thing I need extra are brakes. Maybe Ill just hit the local parts store for some Corvette C5 rotors and calipers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone running AFX tall spindles? Out of all the expensive front suspension upgrades these seem to be the best upgrade. Im thinking of using my stock control arms and the Qa1 kit. They seem to support 15 inch and below rims and from what I have read they are leaps and bounds over drop spindles. I just want to justify the $800 dollars if they are really worth it.
I have them for my 72 but have yet to assemble anything. The one thing I'd point out is that there is a single brake kit that supposedly works on 15 inch rims, and from what I've heard it's not that great performance wise because of the compromises made to get it to fit.

It's also expensive compared to off the shelf C5 parts, but you'd have to weigh the cost of expensive brakes versus the cost of wheels.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Does anyone know whats the smallest rim the C5 brakes can do? Would 16 inch rallys fit?

I found something about 2" spacers working with 17 inch rims on a nova but I need to check it out. I may have some 16 rims to test out.

Thanks. New rims were in the plan anyhow.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Im going to try and order these. Anything else anyone can think of?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just placed an order on a set. They are very difficult to contact and it says they are backordered so I have no clue when I will get them. Does anyone know if I need special steering arms with these? Anyone have any good deals on 17 inch rims.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
17" are the smallest that I know of, however thats even limited depending on the rim manufacture.

running these spindles in conjunction with the SPC upper arms was a night and day improvment, ill warn you with the front end feeling tight and solid you'll realize how crappy your rear end is.

do you have something to rob steering arms off of?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have my old disc steering arms. I was told that they should swap right over.

I have all new SSM lift bars, adjustable Konis, and poly bushing installed out back as well as subframe connectors so I hope its not real bad. From what I have read the rear may be too stiff. I dont have the money at the moment but I like the g-bar setups that most guys are running and the prices look pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts