Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 63nova with the checkered racing clip and was wondering what company selling their inner fener panels fit the best for my kit. I am trying to order these suckers up this week and what to make sure I can get the best fitment. Also what company do you recomend to get a rad. core support and a good hardware kit to put this altogether.

Thanks so much,

Mark Tisdale

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I used Heit's front inner fenders and hing brackets on my Martz front clip. I did have to modify the opening for the coil overs and did have some issues with fit. However, I would think you would have these same issues with any inner fender kit. Overall I am happy with my inner fenders. Look on EBAY for the radiator, they have a nice radiator set up for LS engines with both the inlet and outlet on the passenger side so you don't have to cross the radiator hose over from the drivers side. Look under "nova radiator" and you will find it, I think its $600 or $700 but has a nice shroud and two fans. My clip used the stock core support with some minor cutting on the bottom. Check out Martz, they affer everything you need in aluminum but it is a little expensive. They also have instructions to install the clip which can be invaluable.

·
Registered
209 Posts
According to Stacy Tucker (Detroit Speed & Engineering), they are coming out with stamped inner fenderwell along with their front suspension. These should be out by SEMA. Hmmmm......

--Eric

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for some info guys I ordered the heit's inner fender panels... I will see how they fit this weekend...

Mark

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
thanks for some info guys I ordered the heit's inner fender panels... I will see how they fit this weekend...

Mark
Hey Mark,

Not sure if you saw my thread but I posted an identical question a while back with little response. Please do be sure to let us know how they work! Planning to install my clip in the next month or two. :)

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Glad you ordered Heidt's. TCI are not the ones to use.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
63 ls1

A little tip. Install the hing brackets first to the firewall and install the hinges and hood to check for fit. If you have some issues remove the hood hing springs so you can adjust the hood without fighting the springs. You may have to oval the holes in the hinges to make the hood fit properly. If you do have to oval the holes you can remove the fenders and install the inner panels and oval the holes in the inner panels to match the hing brackets so you don't butcher up the inner panels. If you don't do this you may have a real big ugly hole or two in the inner panels that would be visable in the wheel well. You would not see it from the engine compartment but if you are fussy like I am it will keep you up at night.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Hey Mark,

Not sure if you saw my thread but I posted an identical question a while back with little response. Please do be sure to let us know how they work! Planning to install my clip in the next month or two. :)
Mark,

Any update here? How did they fit? I'm ready to order now. :)

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I apologize sir, I haven't even installed them. I finally ordered my front fenders and hood...
No problem - I ordered the heidts and should have them on next week sometime.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm not a fan of any of the inner fenders from the clip makers. I'd rather not see the down tube from the firewall to the front of the frame. It would look better in the engine compartment without the down tube and have a pocket for the hinge assembly to fold into.
I'm with you on that! The main reason on my wagon I went with a Church Boys Kit.

On the Sedan car I might do a clip, but maybe need to make my own inner panels.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
I'm not a fan of any of the inner fenders from the clip makers. I'd rather not see the down tube from the firewall to the front of the frame. It would look better in the engine compartment without the down tube and have a pocket for the hinge assembly to fold into.
Completely agree!:yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts