Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I don't know.....don't mean to be rude or sound like an @ss, but a headlight is just a headlight to me. I'm happy with just a set of halogens I picked up at my local parts place so I'd have brighter lights and have them powered through relays.

·
Registered
75 Posts
im doing a headlight upgrade very soon and what im going to do it get new bulb housings "i guesse you could call them" the ones that except h4 bulbs and the silverstars or some other ones and rewire the wiring to use relays... I did alot of research and everyone says it great and its only gonna cost me like 80-100 bucks depending on how cheap i wanna be

·
Registered
96 Posts
Headlight Relays

The most important thing is to install a headlight relay kit so that you're providing full voltage to the headlights. See madelectrical.com

The harness kit is cheap from classic industries.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I run the Hella H4's with the flat ribbed lense. Great night vision even sitting low.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I purchased a pair of AutoLoc Snake Eye Headlights from Summit but I couldn't use them because the back of the headlight where the h4 bulb is mounted was to large in diameter to fit through the hole in my radiator support.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
The most important thing is to install a headlight relay kit so that you're providing full voltage to the headlights. See madelectrical.com

The harness kit is cheap from classic industries.
I ran mine through relays and used the old voltage regulator to hide the relays. My old halogen bulbs are twice as bright now. You can add the most powerful bulb around but if you don't have full battery-voltage to it it ain't gonna be bright. Plus those high amp bulbs can start a fire if you're not careful. Relays then bulbs.

·
6,497 Posts
Which Bosch lights do you have and did they require any mods to the car?
Sorry, I forgot about this thread. No modifictions to the car to fit them in but you should run relays to provide the most voltage to the lights and protect the cars wiring from higher amps need for the lights.

·
Registered
338 Posts
These old GM cars charging circuit weren't designed for aftermarket headlights!

Like BLWNOVA WA says, go to:

http://www.madelectrical.com

They will answer all your FAQs, show you with pics how to do voltage tests, have diagrams to re-wire your charging circuit safely with 1-wire or 3-wire alternators, plus they have the relays and other wiring parts for sale, junction box, cables, etc.

See other post today about angel-eye headlights.:cool:

Gary

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Sorry, I forgot about this thread. No modifictions to the car to fit them in but you should run relays to provide the most voltage to the lights and protect the cars wiring from higher amps need for the lights.

Thanks. Yes the factory wiring is fine for 60 watt bulbs, but an upgrade is in or for 100 watt bulbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts