Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 66 Nova with a straight 6 and AC. He will be installing a supercharger, and it will require an additional crank pulley. There is not enough clearance for the additional pulley to be added to the crank. Are there any aftermarket core supports that provide more clearance to the front of the engine? I thought I saw an aftermarket core support tht tilted the radiator away from the engine. Does anyone have any ideas of a core support that might work?

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
wes . . . . we need some more pictures of that car & More Engine pictures .
I have thought about what the "Torq-Storm supercharger" might do on the Chevy 250 engine ?
Keep us posted .
…. jim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wes . . . . we need some more pictures of that car & More Engine pictures .
I have thought about what the "Torq-Storm supercharger" might do on the Chevy 250 engine ?
Keep us posted .
…. jim
I regret not taking more pics. The car is clean and relatively unmolested. I’ll get more pics next time I’m at his shop

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
or , check this 'Bad Boy' in a 67 , 250 engine ( by Daniel Joy over on 'chevynova nation.com' (on Face Book) .
This would be very cool, also .

Reactions: wesmigletz

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
wes ; back to your "core support question"
1st I don't know an answer for you . . . . . (I'm a 3rd gen guy) , and my 69 has the 250 motor with A/C .
On my set-up , I may have less room between the water pump / fan blade & radiator than you show
in that 1st picture .
Mainly, because on my 69 - - I have a 3-row V8 radiator & and a V8 - 7 blade Fan blade (came with the
Heavy Duty Cooling (for Factory A/C ) (so, I have no clearance at the radiator , or at the lower crank pulley) .
All I've ever seen on 2nd gen Novas are those stock style core - supports , sorry .
….. jim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wes ; back to your "core support question"
1st I don't know an answer for you . . . . . (I'm a 3rd gen guy) , and my 69 has the 250 motor with A/C .
On my set-up , I may have less room between the water pump / fan blade & radiator than you show
in that 1st picture .
Mainly, because on my 69 - - I have a 3-row V8 radiator & and a V8 - 7 blade Fan blade (came with the
Heavy Duty Cooling (for Factory A/C ) (so, I have no clearance at the radiator , or at the lower crank pulley) .
All I've ever seen on 2nd gen Novas are those stock style core - supports , sorry .
….. jim
Jim, I appreciate the feedback. I like the idea of the turbo and the throttle body injection. It would solve a couple problems. I'll run it by my friend.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
some Chevy L - 6 's here :

… jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts