Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
OldAir has been around in the street rod market for quite a while. Seems to be a good product.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
They are located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area and have a good reputation.

Their prices for a hang on unit are about the same as you would pay for a unit that tucks up under the dash.

The hang on units have a couple of faults. They are very noisy and all the air comes from the center of the car; there are no vents to the outside edges of the dash.

Their strong points are that they put out cold air and are easy to install.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area and have a good reputation.

Their prices for a hang on unit are about the same as you would pay for a unit that tucks up under the dash.

The hang on units have a couple of faults. They are very noisy and all the air comes from the center of the car; there are no vents to the outside edges of the dash.

Their strong points are that they put out cold air and are easy to install.
I've never been in a car like mine with the factory air conditioner which mine originally had but not when I bought it. It was an under dash unit and all of the air came from the center of the car. Were they very noisy? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys. You mean to tell me that out of all of the 66/67 Nova's here nobody has a factory air system?:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
We put a "vintage air" unit in my son's 68; its a "sure fit" version and tucks up under the dash.

It does not have a seperate control panel, but uses the original heat/air controls.

If I was going to do a car like yours, that is the way I would go.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
ONECARNUT is correct, go with Vintage Air they have a system made specific for your car. I am going to get one myself for my 63 when I get to that point in my restoration(restomod). Check out their webpage.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I liked the looks of the under dash unit I linked to from old air products and the fact that I don't have to tear out the existing heater box. I could just add this one to the car. But looking at the width of this unit which is almost 17" long there is no way to center it in the car. Most of the pictures I've seen of a 66/67
with the original unit looks like it is centered up with the console and heater controls. Original units must not have been as wide. I talked to someone from their company and he said their units have been installed in older Nova's.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
What about a trunk mounted a/c unit? That would be another option if you don't want to remove the existing heater assy. Vintage air have one of those as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts