·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before

T boned a car

Headlights with built in turn signals

Billet grill

Bumper is still off a tad, have to figure out how to get my passenger side bumper shock to fully extend out again, but atleast it doesn't look as ugly anymore, have to repair a hairline crack in the fiberglass hood and repaint the front lip of the hood.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
The head light bezels came in both colors. I have an NOS pair in the GM boxes that are gunmetal gray that have a metallic look and one NOS in the box that is satin black. I wonder what the OER reproductions look like.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered both off of ebay, one was a NOS repro, the other was off a shelf of a bodyshop from 1970's, both gunmetal, the one from 1970's was a flat gunmetal metallic while the NOS had a shiny clear coat. What did I do? Recleared both! Now they both have an even amount of gloss and a metallic gunmetal color.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I have a friend that heated up his bumper shocks with a torch alittle bit at a time and they pushed back out to stock length. But it is dangerous and they can explode.

·
Registered
218 Posts
As far as the shocks go....

I bought my car not realizing it was in an accident a few years ago. the drivers side shock was fully compressed and the passengers wasnt. I drilled a hole in the side of the shock to vent it. Lined it up on my stone wall, and gave it a little gas. Pushed it in perfectly, and didnt leave a mark.

And cool to know about the grille. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts