Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished swapping out the upper and lower bushings to the afco aluminum ones. Right off the bat i could tell a difference. The front ride height is a little higher and it takes alot less effort to pull the front up by hand. Crazy thing is, once you lift it up now.... it wants to stay up. Not sure if the suspension will need to settle in or what. :confused:

Running the moroso trick front springs and 90/10 drag shocks. The bushings were the only thing i swapped out.... not track tested yet.

Have you guys that switched experienced the same?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
What brand shocks? What type of grease did you use, and how did you install the upper control arm crossbars (i.e. stock bars and bolts, studs, offset shafts, etc.)

Did you tighten everything or leave them loose with nylocks?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just did the same install(moroso springs and afco bushings, competition engineering shocks), drive it around for a little bit and it will settle. When i first installed everything the suspension was almost at full extension, now it has dropped drastically and to an almost perfect ride height. just give the springs some time to settle in.
Matt

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just finished swapping out the upper and lower bushings to the afco aluminum ones. Right off the bat i could tell a difference. The front ride height is a little higher and it takes alot less effort to pull the front up by hand. Crazy thing is, once you lift it up now.... it wants to stay up. Not sure if the suspension will need to settle in or what. :confused:

Running the moroso trick front springs and 90/10 drag shocks. The bushings were the only thing i swapped out.... not track tested yet.

Have you guys that switched experienced the same?
I also used the afco low friction ball joints only takes 2 ft lbs of pressure to move them instead on 50 ft lbs of the oem

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts